Thursday 12 March 2009

Nicky Nook - Grizedale valley















myself and Simon did this walk on the 10th March 2009. we both had days booked off work to go to Scorton and have a relaxing woodland walk. this was my first walk for nearly 6 months.

we went in the gift shop first and had a coffee then set off in the sun. the weather was perfect and i had my new walking gear on.

I was concerned as to how my knees/ankles would hold up so this would be a good test. I struggled up Nicky Nook which isnt that high then showed Simon the view down to the reservoir below. Simon had never been to Nicky Nook before where as i have been here about 5 times now. I really struggled down the steep steps to the reservoir/forest. then after that we had a great walk on the paths through grizedale valley with the stream on our left until we did a mile or so road walking back to the village. Simon reckoned it was one of his favourite walks that he had been on. this has made me want to go again soon even with the pain i am having :)

No comments: