Friday 8 June 2007

Clougha Pike and Grit Fell







This walk i did on my own for the first time in a blazingly hot sun! probably the hottest days walking i have done... and I was woefully prepared. how about 1 bottle of pop, 1 small packet of crisps and.... well and nothing really... and to make matters far worse I had been stuck in a traffic jam on the M55 for 3 whole hours before i got going towards Jubilee car park!! I got there in the end at about 11.30. roughly the time i expected to FINISH my walk! Bear Gryhlls would have been ashamed of my lack of preparation! ;)





The walk was about 1 1/2 of climbing from 250 metres at the car park to 430 metres at shooters pile before i turned right and climed again to 467 metres at the lonely summit of Grit Fell. then back another 1 1/2 to Clougha back itself (413m) and then down towards Quernmore and back road walking towards the car. my feet were on fire, I was burnt to hell and my ankles were killing as it was such a rocky, bumpy walk... but I loved it!

I was a sorry site at the end and dived into a post office for a drink!!

Picture info from the top going clockwise!

1. The long slog to the stone structure called 'Shooters pile'
2. My good self at the pile.
3. The top of Grit Fell. a few rocks.not much else and Wards Stone the top of bowland in the background.
4. The view back after descending part way from the Pike.
5.top of Clougha Pike with wind shelters. i got a top signal on here to ring me mum! :)

No comments: